Top 6 Thanksgiving Drinks
Thanksgiving is three days away! Whether you are getting prepared to host a feast at your home, or simply want to add some creativity to a dish you’re bringing to someone else’s home. There’s no better time to explore your culinary creativity than this delicious Holiday.
Food and dessert are the overwhelming focus of Thanksgiving. So much so, that it becomes easy to overlook the creative opportunity you have to make the drink menu just as, if not more impressive than this year’s food menu.
Before you make your last grocery, store stop, take a peek at our top 6 drink recipe options for Thanksgiving. We’re sure you will feel inspired to make some last-minute additions to your shopping list.
1. Pecan Pie Martini
6 oz. Rumchata
6 oz. Creme de cocoa
3 oz. Bourbon
3 tbsp. Caramel, microwaved until pourable
1/4 c. Toasted chopped pecans
1. Place caramel and toasted chopped pecans on separate small shallow plates. Dip the rim of each glass first into the caramel and then into chopped pecans to coat
2. Combine rumchata, creme de cocoa, and bourbon in a large cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until cold, 30 seconds. Pour into martini glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream, a whole pecan, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
2. Pumpkin Spice Mules
1/2 c. Pumpkin pie vodka
1/4 c. Apple cider
1 (12-oz.) can ginger beer
Pumpkin spice, for garnish
Cinamon sticks, for garnish
1. Fill 2 copper mugs with ice. Divide vodka and apple cider between mugs, then top mugs off with ginger beer.
2. Sprinkle a little pumpkin spice on top and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
3. Thanksgiving Jungle Juice
2 Bottles red wine
4 c. Ginger ale
3 c. Cranberry juice
2/3 c. Fireball
2/3 c. Whiskey
2 c. Frozen cranberries
1 Orange, sliced into rounds
1 Apple, cut into thin slices
4. Cranberry Mimosas
1 lime halved
2 tbsp. sugar
1 c. sweetened cranberry juice
1 bottle champagne
12 fresh cranberries
4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Rime champagne flutes with lime and dip in sugar. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice into each glass and top with champagne.
2. Use a toothpick to poke a hole through cranberries. Thread rosemary skewer through cranberries and garnish mimosas.
5. Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots
2 (3.4-oz.) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. Fireball whiskey
1/4 c. vodka
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Whipped topping, for garnish
Cinnamon, for garnish
Cinnamon graham cracker squares, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding, milk, Fireball, vodka, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Spoon into shot glasses and refrigerate until set, 1 hour.
3. Top each shot with whipped topping, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a graham cracker.
6. Pumpkin Spice Oreo Spiked Milkshake
1 1/2 oz. vodka
4 pumpkin spice Oreos, plus more for garnish
3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1/2 c. milk
Salted caramel, for drizzling
1. Place vodka, pumpkin spice Oreos, vanilla ice cream, and milk in a blender.
2. Pour mixture into serving glass and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
We are so excited to be welcoming our very first residents to Avec on H Street! Moving into a new apartment is such a gratifying life event but without proper planning, it can be unnecessarily aggravating. We’ve got a plan in place to make the day less stressful for...
There’s something about the Fall season that awakens the creative spirit; coming up with unforgettable customs at Halloween, creating the perfect meal during Thanksgiving, or decorating your apartment for the Holidays. Autumn seems to open up endless opportunities to...
Are you tired of rent increases that manage to one-up your salary increase? Have you settled nicely into a shiny new apartment, only to be blindsided by an impossible price jump in your renewal letter? We know what you’re going through, and want to do better by you....